It sounds like I’m a spokesperson for Capital One Venture when I am talking to someone (anyone who will listen) about my credit card. I first got the Capital One Venture One card, which has no annual fee and you earn 1.25 miles per dollar spent, which was pretty good, but I upgraded to the Capital One Venture card which gives you:
- TWO miles per dollar spent
- no annual fee the first year and $59 after that (less than $5 per month)
- any airline, no blackout dates or seat restrictions
- NO foreign transaction fees
- AND 20,000 miles just for signing up!
I use my card just like I would cash and make payments every paycheck I get, paying the balance in full. The miles add up SO quickly and I already used some to fly to New York FOR FREE! Plus you can customize the image on your credit card to remind you of your favorite travel memory =D This is such a good way to help pay for travel expenses as the flight is usually the most expensive part, so look into it!